Comment on page
What is Aelin?
Aelin is a permissionless multi-chain protocol for capital raises and OTC deals. It allows anyone to raise capital for their project or an OTC deal and to seek out investors.
The Aelin protocol is designed to enable protocols and sponsors to raise money from their communities in two primary ways:
- 1.Aelin Direct Deals are an excellent option for new and established protocols looking to raise capital from investors at pre-established deal terms. Aelin Deals allow for customizable features, such as a defined vesting period and a vesting cliff. Additionally, these deals can also include NFT-gated features, which can be a great way to restrict access to particular NFT holders. Overall, Aelin Deals are a great way to raise capital for new protocols.
- 2.Aelin Pools are best suited for protocols that don't have set deal terms yet, but are gauging investor interest. This type of pool is ideal for sponsors using Aelin to source a future deal, as it allows them to collect data and feedback from investors without committing to anything. Aelin Pools are most similar to SPACs in terms of their purpose and structure.
Aelin is proud to offer many custom features to help protocols and sponsors raise capital.
- 1.NFT Gated Pools - Protocols can decide to gate off their token raise to holders of specific NFT collections. This allows protocols and DAOs to target specific groups of investors, which can improve the process of building and growing their community. Protocols can set maximums purchase amounts for each NFT holder.
- 2.Custom Allow List (100k addresses+) - Protocols may want to provide rewards to a large number of addresses with different allowance amounts to access their upfront Aelin deal. Protocols or large holders can use an off-chain script to generate a CSV file with several hundred thousand addresses and custom amounts based on each wallet's activity level onchain or any logic the protocol desires.
- 3.Customizable Vesting Options - Protocols that use Aelin can customize their vesting options (e.g. cliff, vesting time, etc.) to ensure that their project's objectives are aligned with their investors' incentives.
- 4.Predetermined Deal Terms - Aelin provides protocols with the ability to set a specific, fixed exchange rate for investors, without the worry of fluctuating market conditions affecting the terms of the deal. This makes Aelin more like a large on-chain OTC transaction, which is preferable for protocols that are targeting specific valuations.
Aelin is EVM compatible and is currently deployed on Ethereum Mainnet, Optimism, and Arbitrum.
Kain Warwick, the founder of Synthetix, launched Aelin after a Twitter conversation about access to early-stage capital raises. In a post on Twitter, Warwick explained that he was motivated to start Aelin after seeing how difficult it can be for new protocols to access early-stage funding.