Create an Aelin Pool / Deal
When you first land on the Aelin website, you can click the below "Create Pool" on the homepage banner, or proceed directly to the Aelin Pool Creation Tool.
First things first, your pool needs a name. It can be whatever you want but don't forget that this is the first thing that users will see deciding what pool they should invest in.
Be clear and understandable, many sponsors will either use their own name (when they haven't found a deal yet) or the name of the project / sector they have or are seeking a deal in.
Example: Matt Test
Next is the pool symbol , make this similar to the pool name so investors are able to associate the two together.
Now you'll decide what token you want to raise in exchange for deal tokens. Some commonly used tokens are sUSD, USDC, USDT, ETH. A few are already provided in the dropdown.
If you'd like to use another investment token, just copy and paste the token address into the dropdown.
Investment Deadline - This is the time that investors will have to purchase pool tokens. Most sponsors choose between one to two weeks to give everyone equal access to the investment.
Deal Deadline - This is the amount of time that sponsors will have to present a deal; it starts when the investment deadline closes. The deal is what users will be receiving for their investment. Ex: 100,000 USDC for 1 AELIN
Keep in mind that potential investors may be turned off by waiting for long periods to be presented with a deal. Time is money. Once this deadline reaches, investors are able to withdraw their investment.
Pool Cap is the maximum amount of investment tokens your pool will gather. You have two choices here.
- 1.Capped Pool - Once the pool hits this set value in investments, it will no longer accept any further investments.
- 1.Advantages - Accept only the amount of pool tokens you anticipate needing for your deal.
- 2.Disadvantages - It may be impossible for community members to invest because the pool may fill up too quickly. Illegitimate investors may fill up your pool and then withdraw it once they’re presented with a deal, leaving you with nothing.
- 2.Uncapped Pool (Recommended) - The pool will continue accepting investments until the investment deadline is concluded.
- 1.Advantages - Give all community members/investors equal access to pool tokens. Even if they’re deallocated, they’ll still be able to get a piece of the pool.
- 2.Disadvantages - Deallocation may occur if the deal presented is for less than the total balance of the pool. Deallocation is not a bad thing, though; it just means everyone gets fewer deal tokens and the rest of their funds returned.
Optional fee that the sponsor charges as a finders fee for presenting investors with a deal.
Note: You will not receive any sponsor fees for investors that decline your deal.
The Pool Privacy is what users are able to see and invest into your pool.
- 1.Public - If you want anyone to be able to invest
- 2.Private - If you want only set addresses to be able to invest
Pool Summary - All of your choices will populate this section.
This is your last chance to review all pool settings before creating the pool. Once the pool is created, none of these can be edited.
Last modified 6mo ago